Join the Room In The Inn Team
Since 1986, Room In The Inn has worked to provide programs and services for our most vulnerable neighbors experiencing homelessness. Opportunities to join our team are full-time with benefits.
We are always looking for great people to join us in this important work. Email email@example.com with questions or express interest by sending your resume.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the agency. They make sure the building is in tip top shape and ready to welcome our participants and guests.
An ideal candidate is able to "fix just about anything" and is a team player with prior experience in maintenance.
- Responsible for documentation of procedures needed for facilities.
- Manages the functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire(life) safety, and elevators to ensure compliance with city and state building codes.
- Manages and oversees the maintenance and cleaning of the buildings and grounds.
- Supervises various contractors, janitors, participants and building maintenance personnel.
- Manages the receiving function for deliveries to the buildings.
- Supports the necessary needs of the agency regarding in-house plumbing, carpentry, dining/kitchen etc.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, VA requirements, fire codes, city ordinances and other federal and state requirements.
- Coordinates fire drills, implementing all safety plans for the agency in case of fire, earthquake, tornado, and any other emergency.
- Drive to pick up and drop off donations.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for the safety and well-being of the our guests and residents, by providing hospitality and welcoming everyone to a place of rest and respite from the streets.
An ideal candidate is "cool, calm, and collected" and enjoys engaging with people from all walks of life.
- Provide hospitality to those experiencing homelessness by offering a safe space to rest, time to exhale, and connection to supportive services.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive services to all clients including documentation, check-ins, and referrals.
- Ensure all interactions with guests are according to trauma-informed care framework.
- Enter accurate and complete data for participants into the agency's internal database as well as the city-wide data systems.
- Maintain a strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving participants and fellow staff members, as well as volunteers.
- Work with culturally diverse participants and communicate in ways that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff trainings/days and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships.
Recent News from Room in the Inn
The Charles Strobel Housing FundLEARN MORE
Honoring the Legacy of Charles StrobelLEARN MORE
Room In The Inn | April 29-30
Volunteer Appreciation WeekendLEARN MORE